My Blog List

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Swallowed

Hello LFM Readers!

SO, she may, or may not have swallowed a very small metal ball!??!! MRP was playing with a bracelet, and next thing I know she snapped it and the charms and everything holding it together went flying everywhere. I quickly picked her up and put her in her activity center so she couldn't move and start picking them up. I look at my sneaky daughter as I grab the broom, and she oh-so-smoothly puts her hand up to her mouth and IN SOMETHING GOES! I couldn't tell if she was just blowing kisses, or if she ACTUALLY put something in.

I grabbed her cheeks and squeezed (the only way she'll open her mouth if she knows you want to get something out of there) and yelled for my Mom. I could see the little shiny ball between her cheek and her gum. I tried scooping it out while Mom jammed her head forward so she couldn't swallow...but alas, it was gone.

I don't know if it fell out, or if it went down :( My mother assures me she'll be fine, that the object has to be bigger to cause an actual problem and that it "will all come out in the end." So far, she's been fine the last two days. Who knows....

Have your kids ever swallowed anything crazy? What happened?

Until next time, watch out for those sneaky babies!
Karyn Potts
*Please leave comments below, just click!*

No comments: