My Blog List

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's TWINS!....................NOT!

Hello Lexington Family Magazine readers!

Well, the result you've all been waiting for! Many of you guessed "blue," and I think only a few of you guessed "pink." We went for our ultrasound on my birthday earlier this month (great present don't you think?) I laid there as Brian occupied MRP in her stroller, and I stared at the screen.

She pointed out the bladder, the spine, the arms, etc. No offense lady, but we really didn't care; I mean, other than to know that they were growing and developing at the rate they were supposed to, and that everything "looked fine," appeased us. She asked if we wanted to know the sex. Umm, yeah, that's why we're here! :)

As she turned on the heart-monitor-thing, she mentioned it to be 127, and that she was going to guess it was a BOY because it was so low. We agreed, and told her that's what our doctor had said as well. So she began scanning for other "parts" and next thing I know, she's pointing out the Labia. Ummmmm, BOYS don't have Labias!! Brian and I just looked at each other in disbelief. WHAT? That can't be right! We ordered a BOY! But then she went on to point out the "three lines" that are a clear recognition of girl parts. OH MY, ANOTHER ONE!

I have to admit, I cried. I sat there with tears streaming down my face as she finished up, and could probably tell I was trying to hold it all back. I was shocked, and Brian just didn't say anything at all. We left with our print out in hand. I got to the car, and bawled so hard I thought I was going to throw up. You know, that feeling where you can't breathe or speak, and that horrible sound comes from your mouth as you try to? Yeah, that was me.

I just felt for some reason that I had failed my husband. We had talked about what we were going to name him, how we were going to decorate his room, and all the fun "father-son" things they were going to do together. And in an instant, that was gone. (Note: we've already decided to only have two children, so this is it.) I just felt so horrible that he wasn't going to have those experiences, the way he did with his own father, and he'd never be able to say "Luke, I am your father."--famous Star Wars line. As I cried Brian knelt next to my car and assured me it was fine. "It's really okay, I'll just have a house full of vagina's!" he said to make me laugh. And it worked.

A couple of weeks have gone by, and I'm getting used to the idea of two girls again. At least they will always have someone to play with; tell secrets to; play dress up and tea party with, etc. I never had that experience myself since I have two older brothers (we played Kick the Can and GI Joe), so I'm excited to be a part of "sisters."

Matching Christmas dresses and bows, dolls, and dance classes, here we come!

So until next time, I guess you never REALLY know!
Karyn Potts
*I welcome your comments and questions, just click below!*

No comments: