My Blog List

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Long Time Coming #2

Hello Readers!
Ever hear that saying "Darn I'm busy!" LOL No? Well let me introduce you: I am no longer working at the magazine (have I told you this yet? I can't remember: blame it on pregnancy brain and my insanely busy life!) Since DGP was born last May, I have been a stay at home Mommy, and Brian has worked two jobs. I'm SO grateful for this time I have with my girls! They make me laugh EVERY day, and I though I may be frustrated at times, I can't seem to kiss them enough!
MRP is now 27 months, and DGP is now 9, almost 10 months. Boy how time flies! People continue to tell me how amazed they are at MRP's verbal skills, and always ask if she's about 3.5..? NO, she's just a talker like her Mama! :P
Baby DGP is the polar opposite of her older sister. She sits quietly, doesn't ever fuss much (except when she's hungry of course) and is just a complete joy--I call her "My little sweet face." and here she comes now, "cruising" her way across the furniture; this BABY wants to walk!!!! She was full-out crawling at 6 months, and is almost walking at 9! I'm thinking she wants to keep up with (and get in to) big sister!
MRP has made the adjustment to a little sister well, or at least as well as can be expected. It wasn't necessarily "rough" at first, but there were definite trials. And not really of the bad kind, just more of her "loving her too much!"
I find myself often feeling as though Margee is getting jipped because I can no longer give her the one on one attention I always did. Life was all about her, all the time. Suddenly I was bringing this baby into the picture and things changed. But I also feel bad for DGP, in that she's not getting the same wonderful experience that MRP had; she has to share Mommy ALL the time, and it's never just ALL about her :(
How do I balance? It's so hard to love on them both equally all the time--I need two sets of lips for kissing boo boo's and two sets of arms for hugging!
I'm also finishing up my last semester of school (yes, completely changing careers!) to become an elementary ed. school teacher! I start student teaching in the fall--no clue where yet, haven't been told--but I'm SO excited.
What am I NOT excited about? Putting my two beautiful little angels in preschool/daycare :( Any suggestions on a good place? (Or a place NOT to go? And would anyone like to explain how I'm not going to totally bawl my eyes out when I leave them that first day/week/month???

Let me know! Until next time: keep on rollin' with the punches!
Karyn Potts

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Your little ones are growing up fast! I know, balance...so hard to find sometimes with all the demands life can bring. My only advice, enjoy all the little moments and have one on one time/dates, rotating with your hubby. Sneak in that one on one time, but also embrace the bond siblings get to experience, just doing life together! How exciting to get into the classroom! Yay! So happy for you! Teaching is the most amazing job, very challenging, yet so rewarding. You will be an awesome teacher, I just know it! Praying your find just the right place for your little ones. I know how hard that can be. Hugs!