My Blog List

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Long Time Coming

Hello readers of any kind!

It has literally been 7 months since I've posted :( A lot has bappened: a very good friend of mine lost her 7 month old grandson suddenly, and another lost her 2 year old daughter to Cancer. To say I was sad and crying is an understatement. I was sad, and crying, for months. I just kept putting myself in their shoes (horrible for me, my psyche, and my baby's anxiety I know--I have REALLY bad "death issues"). What kept me moving? Knowing that I would soon have a new bundle of joy to take care of; a little girl I needed to be strong for.

So, I'm now the mother of TWO!! MRP is now 22 months, and "baby D" is just 4 months. MRP LOOOOOVES her little sister (a little too much at times) and baby D is just a complete joy to have! They are polar opposites: MRP had colic and cried insesantly, and baby D only fusses slightly to let me know she's hungry.

Things are going well: I no longer work at the magazine (surprise surprise), which I am bitter sweet about. I miss my job and the people, but I think being at home with my girls is where I belong at this point in my life. I'm also getting a SECOND degree now; going back to become an elementary school teacher--so exciting!

So I'm watching the girls every day, baking sweet goodies for the firehouse, and slaving away on my computer until the wee hours of the morning while everyone sleeps. I've traded my full-time advertising job for full-time multi-tasker, and I LOVE IT! (Most days LOL) Tell me, how do YOU schedule and juggle everything???? PLEASE tell me!

Until next time, hang in there!
Karyn Potts

No comments: