My Blog List

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm Craving a Minivan!!

Hello LFM readers!

Okay, there, I've said it: I WANT A MINIVAN! Right now I drive a Toyota Corolla, and I love it! But once baby #2 comes along, I just don't see how two car seats and two adults are going to fit comfortably in it (not to mention we'll never be able to have anyone else ride with us). Brian drives a little 2-person truck, so all of us riding in there is obviously out of the question.

I'm totally NOT a van person--in fact, I'm always wondering why they're always hauling butt everywhere they go? I understand that people who drive them are most likely taxi-driving Moms rushing from place to place; but isn't that the point of a minivan? That they're driving KIDS around? They should drive a little safer, and remember the "packages" they have on board! Alright, off my soapbox.

I would like to get an SUV, but we're really wanting something with third row seating; plus I'm a short woman with back problems--those factors alone don't bode well for an SUV driver.

So we've been looking at the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna. You GOTTA LOVE the "Swagger Wagon" commercials right now by Toyota! Yes, yes, I know they've been having problems, but don't you think they'd be EXTRA careful about these new models coming out? I love all the new little gadgets and options you can get! Though I'd LOVE to hear from some of you on what you think is the best minivan out there!? Do you recommend the one you own? Why or why not? Tell me, why do you love your minivan?

So until next time, sell me on it!!
Karyn Potts
*To comment, click below!*

3 comments:

Erica said...

In a perfect world I would be driving a little 2 person convertible sports car. Alas, the reality is I drive a 4 door sedan and I am looking to move up to a minivan! At least with a minivan, when the kids are older you can teach them to nod their head with the music and you can get a good gangsta lean going in the front seat, and you will be the coolest Mom on the block!

Artzgirl78 said...

I absolutely agree!!! My husband and I are looking to try for our second baby this summer and after all the stuff we PACKED into our SUV for just one baby, there is no way we could do it with two. And, I would love to not have to rent vehicles when family flies in, so we have no other options!

So, against all that I stood for in my twenties, I have faced the facts that I have gone from dreaming about covertibles on the beach to looking at a pimped out minivan with a soccer sticker on the back. What can I say!

Anonymous said...

You will love this! Toyota Sienna swagger wagon music video! This will make you want this van!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4&feature=youtube_gdata